We teach a great class here called Slime, Goo, and Ooze.Â Sometimes we even bring it to you!Â Â Many parents and children have asked us how to make the gak at home.Â It isÂ very simple, so I thoughtÂ I would share with you.Â HaveÂ fun!Â It makes for a great rainy day activity :)Â
Gak RecipeÂ Â Â
- Elmer’s glue
- Borax (found in the laundry dept.)
- Food coloring
- Mix the glue and water. Combine 2/3 cup of Elmer’s Glue and 1/2 cup of warm water in a small container or bowl.
- Add the food coloring. Choose your favorite color of food coloring and add it to the glue/water mixture. Stir.
- Mix the Borax and water. In a different container, combine 1/3 cup of hot water with 1/2 tablespoon of Borax.
- Combine the two containers. Add the contents of the two containers together and stir the mixture very well. You should begin to see the gak take form and solidify.
- Use your gak! Remember to store your gak in an airtight container to prevent it from drying out.